Blog Archive

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Step One: Building the Shed
















Building a shed toward the back of my property has been something I've wanted to do for a couple of years, but Steve resisted it. Since it's just me and the kitties now, guess what? Up goes the shed!!! I am excited about cleaning out my garage and putting all my "stuff" in the shed, so the garage will be a more streamlined and clean place for my "fleet." (If you didn't already know, I have three, yes three, cars: my "kittyvan," Steve's Buick Lucerne and my toy, the Mercedes convertible.) I know I should sell one, but it's too hard to part with any of them (come on, I need them ALL!). So, the first step in my home improvement plan was the building of the shed. Rather than order a cookie-cutter shed from Lowe's or Home Depot, a close friends' "future son-in-law," Mike Danks (sorry Mike, it's true!) and a friend are building it for me, complete with vinyl siding and shingles to coordinate with my house. (PS: Mike has his bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering, so I am in expert and capable hands!) They are making amazing progress.



Of course, they had to start by clearing an area in the woods, then laying down a limestone gravel pad. Next, they put the wood base down, then started building on top of that.






Well, right now Rascal is competing for my attention... stay tuned for daily updates!








1 comment: