Blog Archive

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Take Saskatchewan by Storm!


















Here I am visiting Robyn and Rene Hanchar in lovely Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.  I am having a wonderful time, but I'm feeling like Tippy Hedren in "The Birds," because since I arrived on Monday, they've had two horrific wind storms, and since they never get these kind of storms, I sort of feel like it's my fault.  Did I bring them with me?  Who knows.  We spent today helping clean up their home golf club, Cooke, because it was hit so hard by the storms that play on the course is impossible.  So we thought if we can't golf, we can help clean up!  There were over 70 volunteers and, believe it or not, convicts from the local prison!  You would not believe the carnage.  Huge trees snapped in half like toothpicks, it's unbelieveable.  Check out these photos.  But Robyn and I are back to golfing tomorrow, maybe at Elk Ridge?  My playing stinks but I'm having fun anyway!!!  (By the way, if you click on a photo, it will enlarge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment